Just last week, liquidation sales at over 130 JCPenney stores got underway. This came after a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, which initially planned 154 closings. The final number of stores in the first round of closures ended up at 136, with the fate of a few stores still left to be determined.
More Liquidations Sales and Closings
The latest round of closures includes an additional 13 locations. Over half of the stores on the latest list are located in Michigan. According to a company spokesperson, liquidation sales at these locations are set to begin around July 3rd.
- 201 S Washington St, Owosso, MI 48867
- 125 S Michigan Ave, Big Rapids, MI 49307
- Bay City Town Center, 4129 E Wilder Rd, Bay City, MI 48706
- Greenville West Mall, 300 Greenville W Dr, Ste 1, Greenville, MI 48838
- Mall @ Prince Georges, 3500 East-West Hwy Ste 1000, Hyattsville, MD 20782
- Meridian Mall, 1982 W Grand River Ave Ste 135, Okemos, MI 48864
- Mid-Valley Mall, 2010 Yakima Valley Hwy J-1, Sunnyside, WA 98944
- Mt Pleasant Shopping Center, 2231 S Mission Rd, Mt Pleasant, MI 48858
- Northtown Village, 1680 Wright Ave, Alma, MI 48801
- Omache Shopping Center, 715 Omache Dr, Omak, WA 98841
- Poughkeepsie Galleria, 2001 South Rd (Rt 9), Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- South Shore Mall, 1701 Sunrise Hwy, Bay Shore, NY 11706
- Sun Valley Mall, 484 Sun Valley Mall, Concord, CA 94520
Are There More Coming?
The bankruptcy filing on May 15 indicated in a later filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission that the company expected to close about 30% of its 846 stores.
Since that time, 136 have already begun the process of closing. Today’s announcement brings the total to 149. This would leave approximately 100 more stores on the list of potential closures.
There are still a handful of stores still on hold that were previously supposed to close. Based on the first finalized closings and the 13 newly closed locations, we know of at least 18 future closings. This still leaves around 80 stores whose fate have yet to be announced.
These stores are still on hold, but they’re expected to close in the near future:
- Spanish Fort Town Center, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Christown Spectrum, Phoenix, AZ 85015
- Rancho Del Chino Shopping Center, Chino, CA 91710
- Countryside Plaza, Turlock, CA 95380
- Greeley Mall, Greeley, CO 80631
- River Landing Shopping Center, Montrose, CO 81401
- Gulf Coast Town Center, Fort Myers, FL 33913
- Westshore Plaza, Tampa, FL 33609
- River Oaks Shopping Center, Calumet City, IL 60409
- Concord Mall, Elkhart, IN 46517
- Regal Court Shopping Center, Shreveport, LA 71105
- Boulevard @ Box Hill, Abingdon, MD 21009
- Riverdale Village, Coon Rapids, MN 55448
- Eden Prairie Center, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Town Center Plaza, Midwest City, OK 73110
- Anderson Mall, Anderson, SC 29621
- Timber Creek Crossing, Dallas, TX 75231
- Crossroads Shopping Center, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051