Yet another retailer has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and is closing retail stores. Sur La Table plans to close 51 of its 121 stores. The remaining 70 stores are slated to be sold to Fortress Investment Group.
In addition to liquidation sales at the closing stores, you can find incredible deals right now at surlatable.com.
The Seattle-based luxury kitchen goods retailer filed for Chapter 11 on Wednesday, in addition to announcing its plans to sell its remaining stores and e-commerce business. In a news release, Sur La Table CEO Jason Goldberger said, “This sale process will result in a revitalized Sur La Table, positioned to thrive in a post COVID-19 retail environment.”
Aside from cookware and kitchen goods, Sur La Table offers cooking classes at each of its locations and online. Chefs teach around 60,000 classes per year, drawing more than 700,000 people. The post-sale company will continue in-person and online cooking classes.
List of Stores Closing
If you want to take advantage of liquidation sales, the following locations are set to close – according to the Sur La Table website. Liquidation sales are expected to last 8 to 12 weeks.
- Birmingham: The Summit at Birmingham
- Chandler: 7131 West Ray Road
- Carmel: Carmel Plaza
- Corte Madera: Corte Madera Town Center
- El Segundo: Plaza El Segundo
- Fresno: The Shops at River Park
- Glendale: Americana at Brand
- La Jolla: 7643 Girard Ave.
- Los Angeles: 1000 Westwood Blvd.
- Pasadena: 161 W. Colorado Blvd.
- San Francisco: San Francisco Centre
- San Francisco: Union Street, 2224 Union St.
- San Jose: 378 Santana Row
- Santa Barbara: 821 State St.
- Santa Clara: Santa Clara Square
- Lakewood: Belmar
- Denver: Cherry Creek North
- Canton: Shoppes at Farmington Valley
- Palm Beach: Downtown at the Gardens
- Pembroke Pines: Shops at Pembroke Gardens
- Alpharetta: 1000 North Point Circle
- Atlanta: Phipps Plaza
- Barrington: The Arboretum of South Barrington
- Northbrook: Northbrook Court
- Oak Brook: Oakbrook Center
- Baton Rouge: Perkins Rowe
- Towson: Towson Town Center
- Boston: Copley Place, 100 Hunnington
- Burlington: Burlington Mall
- Chestnut Hill: The Mall at Chestnut Hill
- Natick: Natick Collection
- Clinton Township: The Mall at Partridge Creek
- Novi: Twelve Oaks
- Edina: 50th and France Shops
- Woodbury: City Place
- Kansas City: Country Club Plaza
- Marlton: Promenade at Sagemore
- Lawrenceville: Quaker Bridge Mall
- Nanuet: The Shops at Nanuet
- Upper East Side
- Greensboro: The Shops at Friendly Center
- Lake Oswego: 390 N. State St.
- Tigard: Bridgeport Village
- Pittsburgh: South Side Works
- Providence: Providence Place
- Friendswood: Baybrook Village
- Houston: Champions Forest Plaza
- Plano: Lakeside Market, 5809 Presto
- Sugar Land: Sugar Land Town Square
- Richmond: Stony Point Fashion Park
- Washington D.C.: Chevy Chase
- Glendale: 480 W. Northshore Drive